Faithful Facebook followers will recognize some of these pictures from my almost instantaneous post of them upon our return home nearly two months ago. However, many of you will still enjoy them that didn't see them, don't facebook, or, until now, were awaiting the story behind the view. I am so behind on the events of our summer so bear with me as I try to catch up.
Every year, in the late spring/early summer, we are usually chomping at the bit, to get out and hike. Our faithful friends and hiking buddies are usually more than ready to join us on an adventure. However, due to so many work schedules, we were unable to get out until July! Although, we were anxious long before this, we were rewarded with stunning views and weather as well as amazing flowers.
I have NEVER seen it this colorful. The view is always stunning, but I was just floored by the beauty of the fields around us. It was so hard to NOT stop and take pictures. The hike took exceedingly longer than necessary as I kept lagging behind to attempt to capture God's gourgeous creation through my camera lens. My hiking buddies were more than patient with me!
The Indian Paintbrush and Lupine were lovely together.
We were even rewarded with many deer as well as a Buck or two.
I loved the contrast of the purple, the green, and old wood. I loved how the trail seemed to fade into the background too.
We don't hike nearly enough, but do try one major one every year. In the past, we have met up with a nurse two other times that works with Bob. It always amazes me that in all the places we could be that particular day, we find one another out in the middle of nowhere.
Here we are below coming across her once again! We stopped on the trail to chat. (that is her to the far right). I want to be like her when I grow up and HIKE MORE.
Back to the task at hand., heading down the trail.
In addition to our normal friends, some who were unable to come, we had a college friend and roomie of Heather visiting and hiking with us too.
The trail winding away in to the distance beckoning us to continue..........
This was the view at the top. This cloud was covering our town down below. I am glad we were above the clouds and in the sunshine.
More amazing color!
Making it to the ridge top where we enjoyed our lunch and a nice respite from the climb.
The entire crew minus me (as usual)
Kidding with Kisses.
The Avalanche Lillies carpeted the meadows.
The diversity of the flowers as we hiked was very interesting.
GUESS WHO?
We hiked along the ridge for a while before heading back down into the valley. In this particular hike which we did a few years ago in the fall we usually park at a car at the top and another at the pullout below. That way we can ferry tired hikers back up to the other car instead of hiking back. All in all, the hike is about...I can't remember the exact miles, but it is about 4 or more. I was thinking 6 or 7, but could be wrong.....
Stopping for a moment while waiting for others to catch up.
There were not very many of these yellow lillies, but the complexity and beauty of them kept me mesmerized when I stopped to enjoy them.
We crossed a stream that cut down the valley and wound our way around this hillside before beginning our descent via a series of switchbacks. The going down was a bit steep and hard on my knees, but my walking sticks are always a lifesaver.....
One last moment to pause as the hike neared it's end.
We are surrounded by immense beauty here and it is good to be reminded of it. I love getting out with my family and friends to enjoy the beauty that surrounds us here. Thanks for coming along on our hike through pictures.
Ellie~
No comments:
Post a Comment