Sunday, February 7, 2010

We Lost Count

We have so many paint cans setting in our closet that we have lost count. However, I saved them all so we could do a count when we were done. We are officially done painting and we used over 40 cans of paint. There are about 37 in this pyramid, 3 in the yard rusting and 4-5 gallon cans hiding behind the tower! This of course includes primer too. Whew, am I glad we are FINALLY done.

Farmer Girl and I painted the master bath Sunday evening. I chose a lighter tan called Haystack and we decided to just paint the entire room this ONE color. There was no "cutting in" or decisions to be made about what color each wall should be etc etc. It went much faster and, surprisingly, did not need any touch ups when I checked this morning. I may eventually go back and add some accent walls, but for now we are just happy to put away the paint stuff and move on.

Speaking of moving on, we moved on to more flooring and as planned finished the upstairs bamboo! The entire second floor is done except for trim! All of the rooms have heaters and it feels so warm and cozy up there. Doors are in too. Bob has to tile the bathroom after putting down the electric radiant heat mat as well as finish the plumbing, but the upstairs is almost move in ready! Won't those warm tiles be cozy to the toes?
These two pictures show the "hallway" from Farmer Girl's room to The Scribbler's room.
This one shows the Scribbler's room with finished floor, but before closet doors were up.

This is looking into the Spar Oom. This one was easy to floor as we only used the lighter bamboo so no consternation over which board to use next. I can't wait to put up the picket fence bed with new comforter and add some pictures on the wall, quilts, dolls and other things boxed up far too long! Soon it will be ready for company. Hint, hint.
And, here is a boring picture of our oxidizer. This lovely black cylinder promises to filter our water and make the rusty mineral taste go away. We have yet to see.........It was installed on Thursday afternoon and was much bigger than I expected.
Bob working towards tiling bathrooms and we are making decisions about downstairs flooring to make way for our cabinets. Still looking at dishwashers and fridges, but close to a decision about that too. The clock is ticking!

God bless, Ellie~

1 comment:

  1. Looking good! Such a big relief to be done with the painting...ahhh I can feel your relief! I got the "prize" in the mail! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete