Saturday, August 20, 2011

Another Year Older

Amongst the midst of the Pirates Madness, our youngest had another birthday. It was a quiet evening as her sister was at practice. She chose the dinner (chicken and dumplings) and we waited for sister to come home for cheesecake, plain. I would have chosen the strawberry topped one! :) As she waited on her sister, watching a movie with her dad, I gathered her gifts and then called her from the living room into the dining room. She was quite taken aback at the site that greeted her-this mannequin decorated with a new set of full sheets, in orange and pink, of course, wrapped toga style. I used her requested container of chocolate covered raisins for the face. Strapping a new purse across the body, I placed money in several pockets for her to find. I also placed at the bottom a new pair of high heels purchased earlier while shopping. I bought this pair with the understanding that they were a gift and she bought another pair of brown ones. Isn't she tall enough NOT to need high heels? There are also scented drawer liners.   Lots of little bits to celebrate another year. (she REALLY wanted a cell phone.....but she liked all of these gifts too.)

Hugging her new friend

Not quite sure what to think of this.


The full sight that greeted her.
We hid her like this in the pantry for her to sister to find when she got home,
hoping to scare her a bit.
It was a bit quieter than usual, but still fun and eventful.
Happy Birthday, Farmer Girl. You make me smile and we love you. Hard to believe you are growing up so fast. Slow down a bit, OK?
Ellie ~

No comments:

Post a Comment