Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Let Them Eat Cake

Let them eat cake.....all seven of them plus this one and the others brought by graduates and their families! I can't believe that we ate them all by evening's end. This one was only cut into late at night as the party wound down. Several sampled it and deemed it exceptionally tasty.

Earlier in the evening and on arrival at the fiesta themed party, we gorged ourselves on all things Mexican. We had beans, burritos, salsa, chips, homemade guacamole, rice, casseroles, taquitos and on and on. The evening was lovely and the view sublime. Many, unable to attend the graduation, arrived with their best wishes and contribution to the food. It was quite a large gathering and lasted well into the night. I think the graduates were just exhausted or at least the parents were! I simply didn't have the energy to do more than relax as the festivities went on about me. There was supposed to be a sleepover later, but I think most of the girls headed home amidst promises of a sleepover later in the summer.......I think that thought has been forgotten.




Guests and graduates visting and laughing with one another.

Our illustrious band director and another band member's dad.
So glad both were able to make it!




Several of our girl graduates sat here in this circle eating, visiting, fellowshipping, and laughing,
 preferring to remain there for the evening.


Siblings of graduates.

Perhaps only at a homeschool graduation would you find an intense chess game far into the evening!

Sharing a congratulatory hug amidst the fun. Such a daddy's girl too :)

It felt good to enjoy and relax with my daughter.

All ages came and participated in the celebration. 

Even our guest speaker attended and stayed for a while visiting and "campaigning" :)
The day ended with several of us sitting inside on couches waiting for the clock to strike midnight so we could go home saying we ended the day late and exhausted. We didn't want it to be said that we were party poopers :) The party went on around us with family and friends playing games and enjoying a campfire. We started the day with much anticipation and excitement and went to bed well blessed. I fully enjoyed planning and working with this amazing group of graduates and their families. Many of them blessed me in innumerable ways and I loved getting to know them better. I will miss the comraderie we developed and the time spent together. Some I will still see daily in the course of our lives, but many are not around as much and I will miss interacting with them. Thanks to all of you who made this day a success. It was wonderful to be a part of this with all of you!
God bless, Ellie~

No comments:

Post a Comment