Sunday, April 19, 2009

Building A Home

Hello, I have been wanting to start a blog for quite a while now and FINALLY we are getting this up and going with just a few bumps along the way. My desire is to chronicle our building process over the next year and save all those memories so I don't forget them when it comes time to scrapbook the pictures! I, also, want to share what is going on in our little corner of the world for those who are faraway. I think this is a great way to keep in touch.

Above, is our excavated house site with the cement forms in place. Then the first pouring. It was so exciting to get started! When we built our garage with workshop we were SO blessed by friends who helped us and this time has been the same. God is working and we see Him daily. I just pray we continue to give Him the glory for our blessings.


This last week, we closed on the house although the actual date is next Tuesday. Then we will be on the bank clock and want to be done in under 11 months. The Scribbler is praying for Christmas. We feel like we are ahead in that we are starting with foundation done and the well and septic all ready in. Framing should start in the next week. We hired our guy last Monday and feel really good about the choice. It was also such a relief to have that decision made--one of many, many more! The Chef considered doing it with help as we did the garage, BUT it would takes lots of time and the roof is a bit difficult. It will be done so much sooner this way and we can save money in other areas.


There is so much more to tell, but I want to try to get my first post up tonight and need to take some updated pictures. We have been working hard, The Chef mostly, having done 4 days of backfill, moving TONS of dirt and Northwest "potatoes" (aka rocks!). He is VERY sore and we are very sore for him although having moved some rocks ourselves, we are a bit sore too.

Before I sign off: for those of you who know us, do not be confused to the names to the right. They are our "code names".


Blessings, Ellie~

5 comments:

  1. Welcome to Bloggy Land!! Good job on getting this set up! I will follow along and enjoy the journey with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a blogger site?? Looks more like a Myspace site!! Where are the controversial topics, discussion about hot political issues or unsubstantiated views with no proof?? Haha!! I have another verse for you, "Through wisdom is a house built; and by understanding it is established: And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches." Proverbs 24:3,4.
    I hope the house looks really great when completed and I will save your blog, "Ellie" and look forward to seeing periodic updates. If "Bill" is building it, I reckon the girls will be long gone when completed and you two will be grandparents!! (Grandpa Bill?)Deano (My code name not to be confused with my real name!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I finally have this figured out. I can only follow you at work, it didn't let me finish setting up my account from there, it was blocked.

    Looks like everything is moving right along. Hope the weather cooperates for you.

    I bet the girls love all the animals. Always new you were a farm girl at heart.

    Love ya, Sister #2

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so good at expressing yourself, I hope you write a book some day. I do believe the girls got some of those qualities from you, as well as the chef.
    Sister #2

    ReplyDelete