Tyveking? Is that really a word? a verb? I don't think so, but that is how we spent our holiday weekend; Tyveking the house. We commented that we looked very patriotic as we did it. Don't you agree as you see us in our red, white and blue? Even the Tyvek joined in with its patriotism!
Tyvek is a moisture barrier wrap that goes under the siding so we are one step closer to siding. The Plumber, aka The Chef, has continued to work on this during the week as he ponders and works out the plumbing. The plumbing is coming along albeit slowly. He is about done with the septic portion and can soon work on the water supply itself. The roofer is ordering up our 40 year algae guard composite shingles and will probably roof next week. Once done, we can have the gutters completed too. So, things are progressing on the outside.

Decisions are still coming fast and furious. Currently, I am looking at faucets. Moen, Price Pfister, Delta, Kohler? Single? Triple? Wide spaced? Brushed nickel? Oil rubbed Bronze? Chrome? The list goes on and on......I did find and order the floor mounted tub filler (aka a faucet) for my great deal soaker tub. I found the best price I could find, but still it cost more than I had anticipated. So much for the great deal on the tub. I was able to order it in oil rubbed bronze, my preference, so that was nice. It 's coming from CA so I am hoping it arrives early next week AND that it works! We got another bid on our insulation which was over $3000 LESS so I don't feel as bad about the faucet.......... It's a balance to keep it all under budget.
I was also trying to decide if it was more economically feasible to buy our Hardie siding all ready colored/painted. However, I thought I remembered the difference being only about $700 which once you add in the paint seemed worth it. But, alas, that was the wrong figure! It is almost $3000 MORE so looks like we will be painting it ourselves. Of course, we can paint it for way less than that.It's kind of a relief because the colors available did not exactly match our all ready painted garage so we would have to just have them coordinate or re-paint the garage. NOW, I don't have to decide either way, because painting will be later. I like it when I can procrastinate on decisions a bit. Although The Plumber wants me to decide on the entryway door knobs all ready! That is supposed to be one of the last things, right?
I keep reminding myself not to stress about these decisions. After all, in the big scheme of things, they are not eternally important. So, what if I pick the "wrong" faucet or "wrong" color? What's the worse that can happen? I have to change it later? I just ask God to give me peace about it all and to rest in my decision once made. I should just focus on praising God for all these wonderful blesssings and give all the worry over to Him. That's the best way, huh?
Looking good guys! I understand the decision dilemma...You are doing a great job! We hired out our painting, somebody in PA...they did a great job and they were SO FAST! I'm sure I could find out who if you're interested. We provided the paint, they did all the prep work and painting and clean up. We felt it was very worth it, you remember my red house...wish we could paint this house that exact same color! God Bless!
ReplyDelete