I have been VERY delinquent in my progress regarding my two summer time goals: cooking everything in the Pioneer Woman cookbook and reading all of Jane Austen's books. Wishing I could tell you I have accomplished both, I am reluctant to tell you that I have accomplished neither! I am, however, on the last book, Mansfield Park. I finished Northanger Abbey, one of my favorites, in record time and thought I had a shot at making this goal. I kept getting sidetracked by other things I was reading. More recently, I have been reading books by Vince Flynn, a book called Galileo's Daughter and now Gods and Generals so I have not finished MP. I am looking forward to reading Joel Rosenberg's book, The Twelfth Iman as well. I am thinking in order to make my goal before the new year that I should finish MP and then reward myself with The Twelfth Iman.........will let you know how that goes!
As for the Pioneer Woman, PW, I have completed some more of the recipes and repeated some of my favorites as well as tried some from her website BUT I have not finished the book. Since last posting results for this, I have made her lasagna and flat apple pie. Both were good but not awesome. I like my apple crisp better so will probably make that before I would do that again. Although I think it would have been better had my crust been less crumbly............Bill made what amounted to her Pico de Gallo when making street tacos so I won't make that again either AND I like his guacomole so much that I think we will stick with his recipe (hers only involved taking the Pico de Gallo and adding the avocados).
I would like to make the Hot Artichoke Dip for an upcoming party and perhaps the Mushroom Burgundy too. I need to get my hands on some blackberries to make her blackberry crisp as I somehow missed the season....... and didn't pick any! That leaves just a few beef recipes, a creme brulee, a soup, a pizza, a shrimp dish and two breakfast egg dishes, AND a homemade dressing.....I always think I am very close until I write them down and see how far I still have to go! So many recipes, so little time!
No comments:
Post a Comment