Ta-da! I wish I had a before and after picture so you could see the difference. I am not a big fan or advocate of braces, especially when they are placed in younger children, but she seemed to need them for functional reasons, not aesthetics or cosmetic reasons so we agreed. They are much improved and very smooth. That was the most noticeable difference. She said she felt like the toothbrush was going to just slide right off her teeth!
And, a close up.
Then came more impressions and then pictures, lots of them, much to her chagrin! She really didn't want me to share these with you as she thought she looked rather .........um, bad or funny. I thought they were kind of cute and uncomfortable looking. This one was my particular favorite!
All set and ready to go home. She got her retainers at 5 PM that day. They are unlike any retainers I have ever seen. They are clear and fit over her teeth. No wires at all. When she wears them, you can hardly see them. She had to wear them for a few days 24/7, but now only at night. The bottom one is actually a bit redundant and she can just not wear it since she has the wired one behind those teeth. However, I want to make sure NO shifting takes place at all so I think we will just let her wear them at night on all of them! They really don't bother her while she sleeps anyway.
Speaking of sleeping, that is where I am off to right now. Have a good night!
Love, Ellie~
No comments:
Post a Comment