 |
| Love this shot. |
Awoke to sunshine after camping with rain and wind for two days. What a wonderful blessing on our annual family field day. Breaking down our campsite, we prepared for a fun day. Arrivals began around 10, filling the parking lot next to the field. Many immediately flocked to the volleyball court where several rousing games commenced. I sat nearby relishing the warmth of the sunshine and capturing moments of their play. I loved the shots that showed the action. (Have I mentioned that I LOVE my camera and taking pictures with it!???)
 |
My daughter found amusement in his demise.
I thought I taught her better :) |
 |
| Service. |
 |
| Do you think they purposely dressed similarly? :) |
 |
| Such intense effort in this game of boys against the girls. |
 |
Should have changed my position to get more girl shots.
This post was in the way.... |
 |
| Spectators |
 |
| Who called it? |
 |
| Awesome dive! |
 |
| One looks puzzled, one expectant, one recoiling, and two intense. |
 |
I think we will just let him have this one.
Awesome scissor jump! |
 |
Mixed it up with girls and guys for another game.
Can't remember who won that other one?...... |
My camera hardly ever left my neck this day and I caught up with other activities happening around the volleyball game.
 |
| Becoming an annual tradition, these guys did this last year! |
I found the above really nice chair set up a few years ago at a garage sale. The guy had purchased two and only needed one so I got an awesome price on these Hammaka chair hammocks which normally retail for over $300! They connect to your hitch and you can also hang from a hook in a porch ceiling if strong enough. They always get comments from passersby and they are very comfortable for enjoying the day.
 |
| PBJ always enjoyable and filling. |
 |
| An wonderful spread of food. |
 |
| Grabbing some dry refuge under their colorful umbrella. |
Although sunshiny and pleasantly warm, we did have some sprinkles and dark clouds intermittently during the day. Not enough to send us packing or to dampen our day.
 |
How many of us can fit under this Ginormous umbrella?
Great for rain AND sunshine. |
 |
| Or into the back of a van? |
 |
Another annual tradition of sharing the first bite of watermelon!
It was cold and oh so sweet. |
 |
| A great turnout with lots of helpful little ones! |
 |
More little ones on the way.
An amusing and adorable shot! |
The day began to wind down as the food disappeared and little ones wore out. Several went home, but those remaining played Catchphrase and then a rousing game of Flying Dutchmen finished up the day.
 |
| Involving running and racing to the last remaining spot, it was fun to watch. |
 |
| I love the expressions on all of their faces as they rushed around. |
 |
I loved how all ages participate and the bigger kids
enjoy and look out for the littler ones. |
 |
| Great expression on Farmer Girl's face. |
 |
| What a tangled web we weave...... |
It was a wonderful day. Farmer Girl said, "I am sad it has all ready come and gone. I look forward to it all year." It was truly a blessing to have everyone come together and spend a day enjoying the outdoors. I am so glad we have like minded families to spend time with that cherish and appreciate one another in all they do. We are very blessed to be a part of this community within God's family.
i enjoyed it to! so fun!
ReplyDelete