Wednesday, August 18, 2010

A Girl and Her Dog


We went to the beach on the Pacific Coast this weekend. We felt a bit guilty about leaving home and not having things done at the house, but I felt like we needed a day away as a family. It seems we often get to do things, but it's not always all four of us together. We took the scenic route and the circular route so we could see more. We even got to go to Forks, home of the Twilight phenomenon and we always laugh as we drive through there. Stephanie Meyer really put them on the map with all the vampire and werewolf hoopla, but it is all kind of sad and silly. People pour into this small town for tours, hoping to see the high school where Bella meets and falls in love with Edward and catch a glimpse of a vampire.  There are signs everywhere saying No Vampires allowed or some other silly statement. I think it is sad that so many people have lifted them to hero status and have put them on a pedestal. Shouldn't our heroes be God? Jesus? Shouldn't we raise Him up and glorify Him?  Perhaps if we poured more of ourselves, more of our energy,  into thinking about Him and worshipping Him, the world would be a better place?  Anyway, our ONLY reason for being there was to pick up lunch-their Thriftway has really good fried chicken. We were not at all dazzled by Twilight. I prefer to be dazzled by God's creation and it was a beautiful day to do so!

Griffin went along. He is a great traveler and we were thankful that he was allowed on the beach when we got there. It was packed and REALLY hot. He had a great time in the water until a wave caught him by surprise and crashed over him. THEN he was reluctant to go in and preferred to watch from the safety of the shore (unlike Farmer Girl). I tried to get some shots of him with The Scribbler. They make a great team and I tried to capture their relationship. He really loves her and listens so attentively to her. She is often worried since she has to reprimand him all the time and the rest of us get to play with him and love on him, that he will like us better, but his desire is to please her.  Some of these shots really show the beauty of both of them.



Here he was a bit more interested in the driftwood than posing or listening to any commands.








 


She especially enjoyed walking with him on the huge logs although he often had a mind of his own and went a different way.I tried to get some shots that might work for graduation coming up next year, but I am not completely happy about any of them. ( I can't believe I have to even start thinking about that!).  All in all, it was a great day at the beach enjoying time as a family and watching the girl and her dog.

1 comment:

  1. Every girl needs a dog....beautiful pictures!! What wonderful daughters you are raising : )

    ReplyDelete