Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Goal Updates

"......, handsome, clever, and rich, with a comfortable home and happy disposition seemed to unite some of the best blessings of existence; and had lived nearly twenty-one years in the world with very little to distress or vex her."

Do you know which Jane Austen book I just finished? Here is another hint:

"But, in spite of these deficiencies, the wishes, the hopes, the confidence, the predictions of the small band of true friends who witnessed the ceremony, were fully answered in the perfect happiness of the union."

)See end of post for the answer!) It has taken me a while, but I finished it and started the next. In case, you didn't know there are 6 books to be read, but I am sorely behind in finishing by the end of the summer. I started another one that is probably more familiar whether you are a Jane Austen fan or not. Here is the opening line:

"The family of Dashwood had long been settled in Sussex."


Any ideas? Well, think on it, while I update you on my other summer goal: to completely cook my way through the Pioneer Woman cookbook. I have been making good progress even with the Mexico trip in the middle. I made a list the other day and was surprised to see that I still have far to go though. I don't have many pictures of my accomplishments but will simply list what I have done and their respective rating. You may want to check out some of them yourself at her website: www.pioneerwoman.com. Rumor has it that a movie is being made of her life story and that Reese Witherspoon might play the lead!

Egg in the Hole: 3 Paws (Bob made these for us the morning we departed for Mexico)
Linguine with Clam Sauce: 3 to 4 Paws (Bob would give it the latter)
Onion Strings: 4 Paws
Roasted Corn Salad: 4 Paws
Chili: 3 Paws (I would double it next time)
Meatloaf: 4 Paws
Meatballs: 4 Paws and a Tail Wag (these were wonderfully moist and tasty)
Marmalade Muffins: I only sampled one before taking to a bake sale....friend said they were good. 3 PAWS?
Pineapple Upside Down Cake: Definitely 4 Paws and I am not even a big fan of this kind of cake.
Cheese Grits: 3 Paws
And I saved the best ones for last: Marlboro Man sandwich and Twice baked Potatoes. Took on a picnic with Music and Movie in the park and they were scrumptious! YUM
4 Paws and a Tail Wag for each!
What's on the menu this week? Possibly fried chicken, beans and cornbread, and Red Velvet Cake. And, because I know a post without pictures can be so boring, here is my last attempt at being a Pioneer Woman: Migas


The peppers and onions.......
adding the fresh tomatoes........aren't the colors beautiful?


Then I added the cut up, freshly made corn tortillas and jalapenoes.


One dozen eggs mixed with half and half.

Ta-Da. Mix in cheese and then top with cheese and freshly cut cilantro.

Happy on my plate with a side of red potatoes and biscuits. This is the second time we have tried her biscuits and this time we rolled them out thicker, but still they left something to be desired....Perhaps I am just not a biscuit maker?
Wonderful Migas. Definitely 4 Paws and a Tail Wag.

And the answers you ask to the book lines? Well, I finished Emma and I am now reading Sense and Sensibility. Did you know the answers? Pay close attention. I may have a quiz and contest when I am finished WITH prizes! :)

Good night, Ellie~

1 comment:

  1. 3-4 paws on the marmalade muffins! :) They were very tasty and moist!
    Lisa C.

    ReplyDelete