Thursday, August 5, 2010

A New Addition

Against our better judgment, we have acquired a "rebound kitty". A friend's sister called us with news of kittens at her house. I mentioned it to Bob who did not reply. Later, he said it wasn't that he was opposed to another cat, but that he was reluctant to add another animal into the mix, one who might scratch and otherwise cause damage to our recently completed home. I left for Mexico with it in his lap, secure with the knowledge that he would make the right decision. It didn't help that Farmer Girl had a birthday while we were gone! (isn't it sad that I missed her 14th??? I have never missed one.....) During that week, a call came in reminding him of their kittens. Unfortunately for Bob, who thought perhaps that the offer might expire if he just let it ride, Farmer Girl took the call and called her dad, excitedly telling him of the availability of kittens and saying, "couldn't we get one, dad?" He took her to look at them and below is the result, our dear little Ellie or more commonly called Eleanor. She is quite a bundle of energy. Sara hates her although we thought she would enjoy a new friend. I think they might be warming up to the idea of each other though. Griffin just chases her all over and nudges her with his nose. She gives him quite a chase and he can't get past the gate that she easily slides under into safety. She loves to ride on our shoulders too. I think she mistakenly thinks she is a parrot. Here she is posing for us.
And, here is Bob sporting a new mustache.



I think she is growing quite nicely into her big ears. We'll keep you posted.

Love, Ellie (not the cat)

No comments:

Post a Comment