Sunday, February 27, 2011

Winter's Last Hurrah (we hope)

It began snowing on Wednesday afternoon and didn't stop until late Thursday. Most of our accumulation happened in a very short period of time Wednesday afternoon. Traffic was at a standstill, cars were sliding all over the road, and there was even a fatality on what is known around here as the "S" curve. Bob and I were out in separate cars, but made it home safely (I love my studs and he loves his Subaru which he always defaults to when the roads are bad). It was nice to be safe and warm at home, watching the snow fall and listening to the crackle of the woodstove.  All activities were canceled and we didn't lose power which we often do when it snows. So, we enjoyed quiet, uninterrupted time at home, playing games, watching movies, and doing schoolwork.  The next morning, The Scribbler and I enjoyed some lengthy out door time, traipsing through the snow and playing with the dog. It was a gorgeous morning with sparkling snow and crystal clear blue skies. I hope you enjoy our pictures and appreciate the coldness we endured to share them with you! Ha :)


The morning sun peeking on our coop.

Trees and bushes bowing done in all their splendor.

Our driveway 




Snow untouched by human or animal prints. Isn't it gorgeous?

Our road with tracks-car, human, 4 wheelers, dog, coyote?


We thought it looked like Narnia.


Now the snow is melting and things are dingy, slushy, and icy. Activities are back to normal. I am thankful for the beauty of the snow, but more thankful that is caused us to slow down and enjoy God's creation. What's it doing in your neck of the woods?
Love Ellie~


No comments:

Post a Comment