Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Organization



I spent a large amount of time in January (when not working on the Scholarship Notebook) and February working on our laundry room. It is supposed to be my craft/quilting/scrapbooking room too. However, we are unable to afford cabinets and cupboards for all of the stuff that I have been bringing over from the garage slowly and diligently.  I decided that for now I could use bins and totes on one of our rolling stainless steel shelving units. Perhaps not as neat looking, but it works to keep the stuff available when I have time to "craft". (when will that be?)  I bought some teal colored totes and began dividing and organizing the paper, pens, fabric, cutting tools, books, crafts, more fabric, more books, etc etc. I was able to get it all into the totes or other similar containers and achieve the almost desired affect. It still looks a bit sloppy to me with those things piled up on top (makes it a bit top heavy and difficult to roll too) and some things just kind of stuffed in available spots. I also don't have it all labeled yet either. I left the store bought labels on them so I could write on top of them with a sharpie, but want to get something a little more......um......neater and nicer. What was the name of that label maker, Carissa? I tried to win it, but didn't hear so I am guessing someone else did? Anyway, it is coming along nicely and is definitely more functional and more readily accessible for when I have time again to sew and scrapbook........


Love, Ellie~

1 comment:

  1. I so miss the amamzing laundry room that I had in PT... The label maker is called the P-Touch. Costco carries them! :o) Sorry you didn't win it, I would have made sure you got it if you had! Happy crafting!

    ReplyDelete