Monday, March 14, 2011

The Happy Birthday Chair

What could it be? I know, I know, the title gave it away, huh? That and the sideways picture! (I can't seem to get this blog to turn my photos, used to do it all the time.....don't know how to fix it). Sorry you have to twist your head around to look at it, but this is what greeted me when I came out of the bathroom last night, where I enjoyed another long and luxurious bath. My family had been so anxious to get me in the tub last evening and out of the way. I was feeling a bit miffed as I had wanted to read aloud to the girls and they rushed me off to the tub. They were a bit miffed because they couldn't get me to leave! Bob had even drawn the bath for me, complete with bubbles. I have sorely missed those long soaks, relaxing and reading amongst the bubbles. :) so it wasn't too much of an imposition!
Anyway, this is my early birthday gift which will occur while we are away to the east coast in a few weeks. I had admired this chair since it was called the "Ellie" (insert real name for those of you who know me) chair. I wanted it for my bedroom and here it now sets looking very official and lovely in the corner. I have always liked more formal chairs although my dear hubby prefers the comfy recliner or oversized/overstuffed variety. Isn't it sweet that he indulged me with this? And, I didn't even want or expect a gift with our upcoming trip and it's expense. What a lovely surprise, more so since it wasn't even my birthday yet! I look forward to enjoying it for many years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment