Early in the morning of our second day, we drove 76 miles to Bryce Canyon. Before arriving, we were greeted by the amazing colors and rocks in Red Rock Canyon. The girls awoke from their brief morning nap for a quick jaunt through the rocks in the early morning light and brisk temperatures.
The rocks with it's many nuances of color and shapes were really beautiful. The pictures do not do them justice as usual. God's creation is so much more amazing in reality!
Farmer Girl and her dad enjoyed some time together amongst the red rocks.
The desert landscape is so foreign to what we are used to and what we like. I think I have decided that this type of scenery has a beauty all it's own, but I prefer something less barren and stark. There is something about the red against the blue sky though........
Farmer Girl climbed up to the peak, but no farther.
The Graduate captured a rare picture of the two of us together in the morning light. After this, we were off to adventures in Bryce.
Ellie~
No comments:
Post a Comment