Sunday, January 22, 2012

A Day Well Spent

Another day of fun while The Graduate was gone! Here is Farmer Girl and both her and The Graduate's good friend. They spent the day together and we all kind missed The Graduate together. Here they are posing in front of the poster for the new Sherlock Holmes movie that had just started that day. We didn't actually go see it that day or any other since then....but we knew The Graduate would be so upset to think that we did. Our intention was to post it on Facebook, but, alas, we never did!

  
Our primary mission had been to get ears pierced. First time for Nessa and second time for Farmer Girl (one of her ears had closed up). However, on arrival, we found out, since Nessa wasn't 18 and I wasn't her parent, she couldn't do it. We were all so bummed!  Farmer Girl forged ahead as shown here. Ear piercings are always free, but you have to buy the earrings. We had to go to two different places as they recommended the long posts citing the lack of as a possible reason for the closure. However, the first place didn't have the long ones CHEAP so we went to the next place which did. This is the last time for her. If they close, she can pay for it next time. I allowed her to get the second piercing in one ear since we had to buy the earring anyway.....We think the girl was new at this skill and the back didn't go on all the way. Then they asked me to fix it. Farmer Girl said she just wanted to ask for the trained professional and not to be the guinea pig! Later, after more shopping, free treats at See's Candies, and lunch, we headed to our second primary destination: bowling. While on our way, The Graduate called us from Turkey. She had just returned from her trip to Istanbul and was full of stories and tales of her adventures. They listened in the backseat while I droveto Starbucks and bowling. There I was able to speak with her amidst the sounds of bowling balls rolling and pins falling. Just a bit distracting!   
Afterwards, we all enjoyed several games of bowling. It was only $1 per game and one game plus shoes were free! I think we all played 4 games each for about $10 total. (we played on the naval base which Nessa loved). 
This score shows we were evenly matched. Mind you, we were using the gutter guards too.
I can't remember who actually improved the most, but I think all of us scored over 100 one time or another. I once took bowling in college thinking it would be an easy pass or A. However, the instructor said he didn't care how well we scored, but that it was our form that mattered! I didn't last long in there....so much for an easy A! I dropped. (note: see form at bottom to better understand).
Then we decided we would try to bowl like professionals who throw their ball and stay in these funny positions as it rolls down the lane until it hits the pins waiting to see their score.
Nessa's ball kind of bounced and then rolled.....
Me? Not so good. I nearly lost my balance and fell over!
We had lots of fun, being silly and wishing The Graduate was with us.
It was definitely a day well spent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment