Monday, March 12, 2012

Relaxation and Recuperation

We removed ourselves to the lodge and off the slopes for lunch and some warming up. I kept a close eye on Farmer Girl for any signs of mental changes. They told me to look for goofiness, but that is hard to judge as she acts goofy sometimes. I kept asking her if her head hurt more or if she felt sleepy or sore or lightheaded or dizzy or nauseous? Probably to the point of annoyance. We decided that returning to the slopes was a bad idea and that four hours on them was enough for the first time. That wasn't a very popular idea for some....Although she agreed it was wise, she was disappointed. It was tough to stay inside and watch everyone else return to the slopes. I even called her dad to confirm that I wasn't being overprotective.
We stayed inside trying to amuse ourselves, taking catnaps and playing with my camera. Most importantly, it was nice to be warm! Farmer Girl was sleepy and dozed off a number of times, but I kept waking her up. Hot cocoa helped :)
I am thinking I shouldn't wear a hat like this? I have never been able to get away with wearing hats well.....
Trying to be positive and stay awake!

I don't get to be in pictures very often so we had our friends take this one for us.
The resort closed up around 4 PM so we began packing it in. I took Farmer Girls to the Aid Station to talk with one of the ski patrol guys who assured me that being sleepy was normal after a day on the slopes and that taking something for her headache was allowed and important to do. We discussed further things to watch out for and where to take her if necessary. It looked as if she was all right, but it was important to keep an eye on her.
The Three Musketeers waiting on the fourth!
We joined up with the gang returning from the slopes and took some group photos. Farmer Girl grabbed a snowboard from the rack that didn't belong to her for the pictures! She really liked this one and hoped the owner didn't show up! :)
The Gang's All Here!






One last look at my girl trying to remain positive about her day on the slopes or is that her afternoon in the lodge? She learned alot and had alot of fun until the "fall". I think next time, we will have her get some lessons so she can better turn and maneuver the snowboard. I also think that wearing her helmet was the best decision we made that day!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment