Last Thursday he successfully completed his puppy obedience class. We had our doubts as he was probably the most rambunctious puppy there and sometimes The Scribbler was very frustrated at the end of class. We are fortunate to have a wonderful canine center here that is owned by a world renowned trainer. HOWEVER, they are very touchy feely and don't believe in any kind of negative reinforcement. It is all about preventing the bad behavior but I don't think that is always possible. Sometimes they bite or snap or growl BEFORE you can do that. Anyway, he passed, received his certificate and, surprisingly, he completed a tough figure 8 activity with The Scribbler too. She was relieved and encouraged with that success.
Griffin is doing great and we love having him around. He LOVES to go in the car. He camps out in the back seat, making himself very comfortable and is happy as long as we are moving. When we stop, he is raring to go and get out to see the world. Most recently, he drove with us to Lowe's for house shopping and loved tooling around in there. He gets lots of attention by puppy lovers and loves to spread out on the cool cement floor. Very cute :)
And, there you have Griffin, our lovable, goofy, and cute puppy.
P.S. Made little inroads with my to-do list today although I did accomplish some painting that I hope to complete in the AM. Will also be meeting with lighting specialist so hope to make some final decisions there too. Please keep us in your prayers. It is sometimes discouraging to work all weekend and feel as if you didn't accomplish much. To look at the house, the progress seems minute and slow. Please pray for our discouragement and fatigue. Thank you.
I can feel your pain!! Remember what I said? I was so burned out from making decisions I couldn't even decide what to wear or make for dinner most days during our building! AHHHH!!! I'll be praying for you! Your doggie looks all grown up! He's adorable!
ReplyDeleteIsn't that the truth? No one tells you the worst part is all the decision making! Well, you did and one other friend did too....guess we should have listened. Thanks, I appreciate your comments and prayers much.
ReplyDelete