Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The "Punchbowl"


Remember how I said I wanted to go to the lake? Well, these are taken from our last day there on September 10. Too long between lake days in my opinion! Anyway, it was a gourgeous morning and I told the girls to treat it like their last day as it could be although I would try and bring them one more time.
We started off the morning with a brisk hike along the lake's edge to this bridge. This is a spot where the daring stop to jump from the cliff side at varying heights. The "bowl" is deep and the water cold. My girls have swum here before and jumped from the bridge, but never the cliff side. Today was no different. Farmer Girl begged to jump from a perch a little higher up than the bridge railing, but I denied her. Her friend and then that friend's sibling did it and she begged some more. I still denied her. Maybe another time when her dad is along.......
She did jump from the bridge railing and played in the water for about an hour. Our friends brought along a rubber raft which was a good spot for climbing aboard and riding to the waters edge.
Afterwards, we went to the lake beach and, joined by many other friends, relished a lovely, lazy late summer day at the beach. May it not be our last..........
Love, Ellie~

No comments:

Post a Comment