I woke up this morning to this: a ceiling over my head, a real honest to goodness ceiling made of sheetrock, drywall and paint NOT upholstered camper fabric 2 feet from my face!

After two years, two months and 26 days, we moved the camper out of the garage..........

..... and parked it where it belongs: OUTSIDE in the driveway!

Bob said it would be quite the landmark event to do that. He set up our bed in our bedroom, added our boxsprings and set our mattress on top. He told me, "I know we have been sleeping on this same mattress in the camper, but it just feels so good for it to be in a bed in a room in a house." For me, one of the best parts, was not having to crawl in from the bottom end! :0

This is our oak bed, handmade by a man in Roswell, Georgia, hastily made up with linens from the dryer. I wanted a new bed and eventually we might get one, but this one will do for now and felt wonderful. I do have new linens for it, but didn't have time to get them out.
We spent the afternoon rearranging our garage and going through boxes, unpacking and preparing for a HUGE garage sale, as well as cleaning house for company last evening. We had friends over for calzones and movie watching. We watched "The Widow's Might", one of our favorites. It's a great western movie, kinda, made by two homeschooling families with singing, comedy and a lovely message. Considering their budget, quite amazing too.
But I digress. We are out of our camper and sleeping in the house, but much work is to be done yet. I am off to make omelets on my new stove from the leftover calzone toppings and Farmer Girl's chicken eggs. They are finally laying again!
Have an awesome day.
Love Ellie~
Very exciting!!! Must feel great!!! I put that movie in my Netflix queue too : )
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful! Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteYou probably saw Alli's blog on the Widows Mite,,,she said the same things as you did! Good, but obviously not super professionally made!
ReplyDelete