Thursday, July 22, 2010

Have you seen Jesus, My Lord?

(Warning: This is a LOOOOONG Post)
I saw Jesus last month. I saw Him in the hands and eyes of our team members.
I saw Him in my daughter as she worked hard without complaining and showed Jesus shining through to others in her attitude and commitment.


I saw Him in Mike and Cathy, our mission team leaders who bring teams there twice every year.. I saw Him in Mike who drove all the way back to San Diego to pick up one of our team members who had mistakenly thought we were leaving on Sunday and NOT Saturday so she missed the flight. I saw Him in Donna who cut and styled hair for those at the mission each and every day.I saw Him in our team who worked hard weeding in the hot sun or cleaning toilets without complaining and were so thankful for cold, clean water. I even saw Him in those tenacious weeds clinging to the hard soil under the lava rock. I saw Him in Robert, our slave driver :) too.
I saw Him in Jeannette who always had a smile and a cheerful heart for everyone regardless of her tiredness.
I saw Him in the incredible witness of Dorothy in the Nuthouse, how she believes in the power of prayer and how her prayers are answered in abundance. I saw Him in John Moore's vision who planted 3,00o macadamia trees to provide for the mission. I saw Him in God's provision in blessing them with an abundant harvest. I saw Him in Betsy who works in the nuthouse and ministers at one of the roughest and scariest migrant workers camp each and every Saturday on her own time so God's light can shine through her.
I saw Him in Heidi who was always ready with a quick smile and who was a friend to everyone.
I saw Him in the vision of Charla, founder of the mission, who followed God's calling to start Foundations for His Ministry and the incredible ways He has blessed this obedience. I saw Him in the house parents, especially Casa 4 who wholeheartedly believe God is their strength and who, also, step out in faith daily, caring for and providing for 6-12 children not their own.

I saw Him in the testimonies given in Sala every morning. I saw Him in Ron who has been struggling with cancer all year and who had a desire and a prayer that God answered to be well enough to return to the mission. I saw Him in Ron as he praised God for His faithfulness. I saw Him in Penny, his wife, who always had a word of encouragement for others. I saw Him in Frank who worked hard to tile despite his shoulder pain. I saw Him in the testimony of Adrianna who works with the teens and works each week in outreach in communities hungry for God. I saw Him in Juriel when he shared his background in drugs and gang membership and how, despite this, God is using him for His service in remarkable ways. I saw Him in the "warrior" YWAM dad who saw God working on him, preparing him for deployment to Iraq. I saw Him in the lady who shared drumsticks with my daughter so she could play drums in Sala.I saw Him in the interpreters who helped us understand the message given in Spanish. I saw Him in the joy and happiness of those pouring into Iglesia (church) who praise God (Dios, Cristo, Senor) with abandon. I saw Him in the woman who shared the critical need for missionaries in Oxocoan and her heart for these people. I saw Him in dear friends in the way they treated one another, shining God's love.
I saw Him in outreach to the communities and migrant work camps. I saw Him in the Mexican children hungry for love, attention and God. I saw Him in Barry, YWAM leader, who has been to FFHM 157 times!!! I saw Him in his team and their desire to provide food for Mexicans, physical as well as spiritual. I saw Him in our teams as we served food- 450 plates one night and over 1100 the second time.I saw Him in the eyes of the children, those whose eyes lit up with a simple smile from us, and who laughed loud and heartily as they clamored for caballo rides. I saw Him in the mother who shared her newborn with us and also her strawberries picked fresh that day.
I saw Him in each and every child, even the ones who hit and grabbed seeking attention.
I saw Him in the eyes of the people of Mexico and in their smiles.



I saw Him in their delight for the simple things, things we take for granted.I saw Him in safety on the roads as we traveled to the mission and to outreach. I saw Him in our drivers who helped get us there safely. I saw Him in our driver who was nursing a sprained ankle, but never complained. I saw Him in Cindy who worked at the Rancho de Cristo, a ministry for men, sewing curtains for their lovely facility. I saw Him in her love for the Lord and His work. I saw Him in her husband, Nathan, who shared in Sala about how he had seen Jesus at work this week, and made his interpreter, Elizabeth, the directors wife, cry. I saw Him in the workers who did set up and clean up for us in the cafeteria three times a day, every day.
I saw Him in the children who came to child evangelism to learn about God, bringing their cups and spoons for milk and peanut butter.

I saw Him in Betty who cares for the little ones brought to the mission, sometimes with severe physical needs. I saw Him in Betty who prayed for formula whose prayer was answered with our arrival because we had brought formula with us. I saw Him in Chelsea as she gave us our tour and explained the incredible ways God is working there and shared the numerous stories of God's faithfulness and deliverance. I saw Him in the worker's faithfulness that God would provide all of their needs and bless their efforts in abundance.

I saw Him in the sewing room where teens are being taught to sew so they will have a skill. I saw Him in Domie who works there. I saw Him in this Olga and Warner lingerie designer who has given a year of her life to share her skills at the mission. I saw Him in the beautiful princess dresses she makes for the children at the mission so they might feel special and loved.
I saw Him in the day home for handicapped children, those often deemed worthless by their families, but always special and loved in God's eyes. I saw Him in Millie, a child with Down's Syndrome, who was blossoming under the love and care here. I saw Him in the wheelchair ministry. I saw Him in the day care where children are brought daily, bathed and clothed, and, most importantly, loved.

I saw Him in the workers in the kitchen who work there daily to provide food, simple, but nutritious, using what God has provided through donation and prayer. I saw Him in Lucina who was patient with us to explain what we needed to do for them and laughed at our pitiful lack of Spanish. I saw Him in the guy who shared a wonderful ice cold Diet Pepsi with us when the Thursday delivery truck arrived.

I saw Him in the couple at Casa Blanca who served us and made sure we were comfortable, warm and well fed.

I saw Him in the beautiful creation surrounding us as we traveled to the mission.
I saw Him in Lynne who shared about how the desires of her heart to go out on outreach with Eleanor were heard and answered.
I saw Him when I realized my perceptions of what I might do there, was really not about me and what I might accomplish, but what God was accomplishing there with or without me!
I saw Him countless times, too numerous to remember
It was an amazing week of seeing Jesus and coming along side Him as He does a work there.

Have you seen Jesus this week?


Have you ever stood in the family with the Lord there in your midst: Seen the face of Christ in your brother, then I say you've seen Jesus my Lord. Have you seen Jesus my Lord, He's here in plain view, Take a look, open your eyes. He'll show it to you.

3 comments: