Thursday, July 1, 2010

Pioneer Woman Updates

My posts have been so boring lately with no pictures. Sorry about that. However, we did make progress in our goals with cooking through the cookbook. I counted the recipes the other night. There are 60 after subtracting the two I am opting out of- Burgundy Mushrooms and Sangria. At that point, I had done 24 including the Spicy Pulled Pork baking in the oven when I counted! Almost halfway there! Yee-haw!

I have to tell you we made a silly video while making the pulled pork which may come back to haunt me one day soon. I was just being silly and having fun in my kitchen and Farmer Girl captured it on film :)

We decided to make the mac and cheese to go with the Pulled Pork. Farmer Girl also had biscuits done when I got home so that was our meal. Where are my veggies? The mac and cheese was good and creamy, about a 3 Paws Up, maybe a 4. It had an interesting flavor. It may have been the seasoning salt which she likes almost as much as butter :) or the dry mustard. The biscuits are a do-over. Good flavor but a bit thin so I think we will try them again one day. The Pulled Pork was moist and tasty. Definitely a 4 Paws Up. With those under my belt, our count increased to 26.

I have decided with our mission trip coming up to stop my efforts at the halfway mark-30. We are closer still with the addition of the Chicken Fried Steak yesterday with the Mashed Potatoes. Both definitely a 4 Paws Up. The chicken fried steak was great heated up for leftovers and as a sandwich too. I have to tell you I fudged a bit on the Mashed Potatoes. It was just too decadent to add that much butter, cream cheese and half and half!!!! I used only one stick of butter, 4 oz of cream cheese and a splash or two of half and half. I can only imagine the creaminess had I used all of it! Quite good and creamy just the way I did it. Oh, I don't think we will have another meal like that for awhile although I had been contemplating the fried chicken of which I have NEVER been good at doing. So, the current count is 28...and I made the Oatmeal Crispies again for the freezer. YUM.

Happy Cooking, Pioneer Woman Wannabe~

No comments:

Post a Comment