Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Pioneer Progress

Guess what we made? Yep, PW Fried Chicken. What is most funny about this picture is that I didn't really make it! When Bob and I were first married, I tried to make fried chicken many times without any luck. It was always too done on the outside and undercooked on the inside. I wanted to do it and be successful because he liked fried chicken. He finally told me it was OK, he could just buy it when he wanted some :)
Anyway, this was supposed to be my goal, but he got it started and actually did most of it. At the end, I put on the apron and held up the plate modeling the delicious looking chicken made mostly by Bob who loves to cook. As far as fried chicken goes, it was really good, but I don't think we (or Bob) will make it very often.  But now, we are one step closer to my goal! 
We have also made the Red Velvet Cake. Actually, Farmer Girl made it. I wish I had a picture to show you as it was closer to an orange in color. It still tasted great and was very well received at a gathering at our house. Definitely a four paws up.
In addition to the cake, we have also made the soup beans and cornbread (again). The beans had really nothing special about them and I did nothing different from my normal making of beans. It was enjoyed by both Bob and myself. Neither of the girls are much for beans......
The BIG HIT was the Olive Cheese Bread. Oh, it was melt in your mouth wonderful and I don't even really like olives! I only used half of the called for amount of olives. Mostly because I did not buy enough of the Monterey Jack Cheese and partly because I thought it was way too much olives anyway! I made it for another gathering as well as for our dinner and it was very much oohed and aahed over.
At that same event, we made the Peach Cobbler and all I can say is that it doesn't make enough! Unlike most of her other recipes, it was a small 9 by 9 pan and was gone in a heartbeat. I also cheated on the sauce as I didn't have the REAL syrup or any corn syrup. I used fake maple syrup made with maple flavoring and corn syrup making up for both of my lacks!! YUM
Her Potato Skins are very good too, but I prefer the Twice Baked ones.
My list is dwindling and the lasagna is in the freezer awaiting a busy day for us to enjoy. Will keep you posted on any and all results.
Good night! 

No comments:

Post a Comment