Thursday, September 9, 2010

Whimsical Watercolors


One of our favorite artists while living in Alaska was Barbara LaVallee. Her work depicted life in Alaska in a whimsical and unique way. The colors were soft, but bright. This print by the door in the mudroom was actually purchased once we moved here in a place called La Connor at the Tulip Festival one year. We hadn't seen her work since leaving Alaska over a decade ago and it had changed a bit. It was actually a bit more similar to another artist there called Rie Munoz.


The one below was purchased years ago and depicts ice fishing. This one is placed above my laundry cabinet. We have others that are waiting to be hung on the wall too. I also have tiles that I would one day like to use as a back drop behind my washer, dryer and sink. Then there are the many mugs in the cupboard.......


I really like how it brightens up the room and makes me smile. Hope it makes you smile too!



Have a blessed day! Ellie~

No comments:

Post a Comment