Dealing with some discouragement today and this week. Trying to plan the next few weeks and things are just taking so long. The plumber guy who is laying the Pex under the joists in the crawl space was supposed to show up LAST Thursday, but didn't. When called on Monday, he replied, "oh, yeah, I can be there THIS Thursday." THEN, he was supposed to stop by on Wednesday to discuss the "plan", but AFTER calling Bob so he could be here to meet with him. He didn't call, but just showed up and Bob wasn't here so that didn't happen. Bob met with him early Thursday morning instead, but he didn't show up here until after noon to start work! He had previously said he would get an EARLY start.........Spent the day laying out the Pex. I hope more progress is made tomorrow. Kind of waiting on this to finish up some last minute details before the needed inspections.
Also, this week, I called up our drywaller to set a date. I guess I was dreaming in thinking they would come in here and finish up in days. He said to project THREE WEEKS! UGH. So, they are projected to START November 9th. It feels good to have a date so we can aim for that, but it is also a stressor to get it all done. Can we do it? While that is happening, Bob has many things to take care of so we are ready for floors and painting when it is done.
Today, I messed up on a delivery of the range and hood (that Bob needs to do the ductwork on). They can only deliver on Fridays and couldn't do it in the afternoon this week. So, I canceled and re-scheduled for NEXT Friday. BUT, apparently, Bob could have been here and that would have been one more thing taken care of and off the "punch list".
Once the PEX is lain and the hood installed with various other sundry items completed, we can call for plumbing rough in and electrical rough in inspections. We also need to spray for carpenter ants before insulation, complete the airseal and insulation for another inspection AND be done by November 9th! Please pray that things go smoothly. My fear is that if we miss our date, that another job would take precedence. I pray we are not put in a position where we have to hire someone we would rather not because our choice is unavailable and we don't want to wait. For instance, our woodstove installation is scheduled for December 7th and she said, if we miss it, we will go to the bottom of the list so that will be our next deadline. We only have to have the flooring done in the room where it goes. Our current plan is to finish up the living room as close as possible (and anything else that is possible) so we can put up a tree and enjoy Christmas morning there with the woodstove blazing and the lights twinkling. Our dream of being moved in entirely by Christmas is just that, a dream, at this point.
Thanks for listening.
God bless, Lori~
I'm sorry. I know it's frustrating! Hang in there, it will all be a vague memory soon enough! I will be praying for you and your various projects! Hugs from MN!
ReplyDelete