Last I left you with a picture of the preparation for The Scribblers room. We had laid out the bamboo after felting the entire floor. Sunday, Bob began with face nailing the first few boards and then flooring her room. The Scribbler worked with him, deciding the next boards and measuring/cutting the end boards. They made good progress together.

I just kept popping upstairs intermittently to check progress and see if they needed me. I was downstairs painting something.....what was it? I think it was the ceiling on the downstairs bath. I had rested my arm and wrist most of the weekend, but needed to paint again on Sunday. Too much to do to wait around!

With the light, medium and dark boards, we were trying to not have noticeable patterns in the wood. In some instances, it couldn't be helped. If you look closely, you can see some "stairstepping" in the rows.

Between the above picture and the below one, I came up and helped them so they could make quicker progress. We had to stop just short of the door.

Once we were done, we were finally able to set up The Scribblers bed or so we thought! I think I mentioned that on Christmas Eve, we were unable to set it up because they had delivered the wrong rails. She was still excited to know she was getting it. We talked with the furniture store. At first, they said, they didn't sell the rails for that bed anymore! If that was the case, why do they sell the bed? They said we could just buy the headboard and attach it to a bed frame. Well, that wouldn't do. The Scribbler liked BOTH the headboard and the footboard. They had a mini conference and were able to find the rail set in a warehouse for us. They said, "Good news, we found one and will deliver it next Saturday. We won't even charge you a delivery fee." Well, I would hope not! It was THEIR error. So, they came on Saturday and took the wrong rails, leaving the new set. Well, guess what? No hardware! Once again, we were unable to set up the bed. Very disheartening and discouraging for us. We called on Monday morning and they promised to Fedex or UPS them. They have still not arrived........
In the meantime, Bob was able to find some bolts and set up the bed mid week. Viola! Her bed is set up with its new comforter and myriad pillows she has been collecting for months. She even found a rug that has all of her colors in it. Bob was disappointed she would cover up his lovely hardwood floor :) The two pictures are very similar, but one shows the rug better. The bottom one doesn't show the tags on the pillows :)


She loves it and I think it looks great. It is much more calming than Farmer Girls room. Don't you agree? But each room really reflects their personality well. It's been fun to see them come together. Hope you have enjoyed it.
Good night, Ellie~
Beautiful!!
ReplyDelete