
We've been busy painting again this week, our third week, but doing other things too. I just wanted to bring you up to speed. This first picture is our front door, but the reason I am showing it is because in our Christmas picture you couldn't see my door knob. Bob wanted to get it on there for the picture and then we stood right in front of it! Below is a close up of it. I was so excited the day he put the exterior door knobs on, but my excitement was marred when the deadbolt didn't quite catch as it should. Apparently the gap between the doors gets wider as it goes from top to bottom. This is also what happened on our back doors too. We were afraid it meant pulling them out to straighten them and having to re-do the drywall, the siding, painting etc. A friend who is also a contractor told us it could probably be "shimmed" and fixed without too much problem. YEAH!


So, these are my double backdoors with 3/4 lite and my Emtek lever handles. I really love the Emtek line, but even though we are getting contractor pricing, they are still expensive. I ordered them for our exterior doors, but may get my second choice of the Schlage levers and knobs for the interior doors. Our mudroom exterior door has a Schlage keypad which is really cool and the lever is very nice. Emtek does not make a keypad.

This is the chaotic scene that greets us when we enter the front door. You can kind of see the Plymouth Brown we used on the entryway wall to the left. We FINALLY got to paint something more exciting than some shade of brown. This is the Teal Escape I told you about and I really love it. It covered wonderfully with just one coat and i think will contrast with my cabinets and counters nicely. It was really a BOLD move for me to use something not at all neutral.

You can see here a bit better the contrast with the teal and toast heading down the hall to the stairs and our bedroom at the end on the right. I LOVE that white door against the teal color. I purchased that door at a clearance sale for only $40. It's currently slated to be used in the Spar Oom.

This is another view showing the contrasting colors.

This shows more chaos, but also the other corner of the room and the wall to the right is the stairwell wall which is only primed. Did you notice all the outlet covers? And, so many of the switches now work too!

This is our bedroom and our ceiling fan. This room is waiting on an accent wall (that you can't see) to be painted although our closet is done. Bob says he isn't feeling any sense of accomplishment because there are so many things started but not finished!
We're taking a break from painting this weekend and are concentrating on flooring instead. The Scribbler did some touch up in our room and finished the closet, but I stayed away from rolling that roller. My right hand and arm are really hurting. I have been wearing an arm brace. I am thinking carpel tunnel so I shouldn't be typing either! It feels better today but still taking it easy. It also gives me an excuse while I decide on other colors :)
Good night, Ellie~
Really really looks nice Ellie! Good job! Your front and back doors are lovely as well!
ReplyDelete