We thought it amusing that our latest color in our palette is called Melted Butter. Kind of goes with out Toast appropriately, huh? This is the Spar Oom and only took us an afternoon to start and finish; all one color, all one sheen. It is a nice sunny yellow, calming and soothing. The Scribbler really campaigned for yellow in this room although I wasn't sure it would go with my quilt or other decor I have in mind for it. However, I like it and think it is neutral enough to go with the stuff I have. Bob even hung that nice door in previous pictures tonight so it is the first and only room with a door at present! Farmer Girl thinks we should hang signs about the house saying things like site of first paint stroke, site of first door, site of first room finished :) etc etc.
Bob was in a quandary as to what to do with our access to attic area holes in the wall. He had made some frames and had them drywalled. However, they don't fit or won't fit once the flooring is in. He hit upon an idea as he lay awake one night: buy some culled cabinet doors, paint them to match trim and hang them. He found these at the store this week and they will work beautifully.

We finally painted the fourth and final wall in our bedroom this week. This teal is a bit lighter than the one in the kitchen area, but not too much.
We also moved all of our supplies in here to clear the mudroom/laundryroom for painting.

The exterior front lights arrived and Bob hung them. It is still so much fun to see all the lights come on at the flick of a switch. Bob, being the electrician, gets to hit the switch after wiring them for the first time. It's kind of his reward. :)

We started priming the loft and stairwell area yesterday. It is now completely primed and all the walls being painted toast are done except for touch ups. I anticipate finishing the mudroom this week (The Scribbler did the ceiling with the flat Toast) and, I hope, this room as well. I need to pick out a downstairs bath color and decide on which shade for the girls bath. Other than that, we are on the final stretch of painting! I'm praying for next weekend to move on to new phase.
Good night, Ellie~
P.S. For any of you concerned about where you might sleep if you come visit, please rest easy in the knowledge that the Spar Oom is for guests and I won't make you sleep in the Tink Pink and Bouncy Bouncy Room!
Melted Butter is a beautiful color! Yum!
ReplyDelete