Saturday, November 7, 2009

Eco-Batt

Well, it has seemed like a long time coming, but our insulation, our Eco-Batt, is done! OK, well, they do need to come back and complete a few spots they missed for sound proofing, but essentially, we are set for our inspection on Monday. It is so weird to go in the house now because not only can we not see through the walls, but the sounds that have been so echo-y, are now muffled and it feels so much warmer in there. It even smells good as the Eco-batt has a pleasant odor. It also doesn't include fiberglass any longer. It's not pink like I expected either but a nice warm brown color. This is going up the stairs (obviously) with one of Farmer Girls bedroom walls at the top. See that brightly shining can light at the top?
This is taken from a corner in our bedroom looking out the door to the hallway and into our master bath. The part on the left not insulated is our pocket door frame.
This is looking into the living room through The Scribblers wall and closet. This wall was supposed to be filled with insulation for sound proofing purposes......they also forgot one bathroom wall, but we will call on Monday to get it taken care of.

Looking down into our living room. That is my dual oven with convection glass cooktop range in the box in the corner.

Farmer Girl headed down the stairs.......sorry for the blurriness, it was a bit dark upstairs.

See how much brighter downstairs? This is taken from a corner of the dining room looking towards the kitchen and the pantry door opening as well as the master bedroom at the back there and the powder room or half bath past the stairs. Farmer Girl thinks it all makes it look so much smaller. We spent some time sweeping and cleaning up today in preparation for the drywallers coming next week. There is stuff in each room, but Bob has made it all easy to move by placing them on pallets with casters. We also have two rolling shelving units-one for tools and supplies and the other for faucet trim, light switches etc. Also, upstairs, placed in each room to spread out the weight, is over 43 boxes of bamboo flooring. Some are on pallets and others not. Bob is going to fix that so the drywallers are able to work quickly and efficiently. He also hopes to move some of the stuff outside to the back porch so he has been working on setting those beams. We won't get the TREX yet, but will use scrap wood for awhile.
We are anxious for drywall to happen, but still lots to be done while someone else is doing that work. First and foremost, are the flooring decisions as well as paint colors. I don't know if I am ready for that yet! I KNOW what hardwood I prefer, but we have to look at stability, width, and hardness in relation to the radiant heat too. Given that, I think tile will give me the most fits and possibly color choices. I don't want to be dull or "practical" with color. I have been those most of my life and I want it to be a little wackier than that, but I am not an interior designer either so worried about wrong choices. I guess the worst that can happen is we have to paint again.....Bob is ready for me to just make those choices, but I have to take it one at a time and one day at a time.
Hope you have enjoyed our current updates. May you have a blessed day in worship tomorrow and with your families.
Love, Ellie~

2 comments:

  1. Wanna know how I choose paint color? I go into Lowe's or HomeDepot or wherever and stand there looking at all the colors, then I just choose the one or two that appeal to me. I can actually pick out matching paint chips in different stores because the same colors always appeal to me. Pick what you like, not what's "right." Dark colors are cozier, bright colors are cheerful, neutral colors are boring (ok maybe that's too harsh, but neutral colors also give off a nuetral feeling). I used really dark colors on my vaults and I was worried that it would make the room feel closed in, but it didn't, it just made it feel more cozy and not so vast. (If that makes any sense.) :o) Yes, you can always repaint! That's why it's okay to go crazy and get what you like, if you really end up hating it, it's easy to fix, unlike flooring and cabinet placement! lol! Also, another thing to remember: If you choose a dark color, it's always going to go on looking wrong until it dries, color always dries darker. Whatever you choose, it's YOUR house and it should make you and your family feel loved and cozy and welcome! Have fun choosing colors, that was my favorite part--besides designing the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wanna come pick my colors!???
    E~

    ReplyDelete