Moving right into more fun, we spent the next day preparing for camping as well as the upcoming graduation dinner at our house. I had actually hoped to go camping on Thursday, but with all that was going on, we were unable to get going and get out there. Too many of us were going in too many different directions and it seemed wiser to head out in the early AM of Friday. There was Farmer Girl's class in the afternoon,drum lessons, and Pirate practice (the Scribbler is in the upcoming production of The Pirates of Penzance in July), as well as cleaning and setting up for the dinner. A busy day...did I mention packing for camping?
Early Friday AM, all of us headed out in two separate cars, with all of our gear, prepared for fun in the sun. We had woke up to unusual sunshine and warmth as the day progressed. We arrived by 10 AM and set up our site, saving a site for friends. Others soon arrived, some expected and some not for a very pleasant surprise. There ended up being 8 families and one other that we knew but who were not there for our Family Field Day on Saturday. Soon after set up, many left for band. Bob and I enjoyed some down time while we waited on others to arrive. He napped and I read before taking Griffin on a LONG walk to the beach, in the water, and through the woods. On everyone's arrival and return, we made dinner, enjoying the sunshine, unseasonably warm weather, and calm dog who enjoyed being outside with everyone. After dinner, we biked or walked to the playground where small ones played and big ones played volleyball. As dusk came on, we began heading back for smores and campfire time. Settling in around 1030, I fell quickly asleep listening to the sounds of quiet voices around the campfire (very quiet as the camp host was very adamant that we be quiet during quiet hours), of babies crying, of crickets and of water lapping at the shore. I love camping. How about you?
![]() |
| Farmer Girl inflating our air mattress. |
![]() |
| Our young political activists posing and advertising their favorite candidate for congress in 2012. |
![]() |
| Relaxing and enjoying the really cool hammock style chairs attached to a bar coming out of our hitch. These received many stares and compliments. I found them for Bob a few years ago at a garage sale. Quite comfortable! |
![]() |
| A group returning from a game of volleyball and a time of fellowship. I am so thankful for this group of young people. |
![]() |
| Enjoying a game of keep away frisbee with Griffin. Can you see how gourgeous this day was??? |
No comments:
Post a Comment