Saturday, June 18, 2011

Where to Begin?

I know it has been a long time since I blogged, but life has been busy and there just didn't seem to be enough time! It was at the bottom of a LONG to-do list. So, as usual since I can't keep up with current blogging, I will spend some time catching you all up with our life. I hope it doesn't take as long as our DC trip did to get there!!

On the last day I posted, we had a radio drama that evening. The girls have been working on this since January. They have done many dramas, but this was their first time to do radio drama. It was a lot of fun for them, especially The Scribbler as she did sound effects instead of appearing on stage this time. Farmer Girl was in the radio dramas as well as participating in "The Very Grammatical Family", a drama with our up and coming younger students. She was cast while being a helper in the class as they needed a few older participants, able to take on more lines. Their radio dramas included Fibber McGee and Molly, Startrip (a spoof of Star Trek), the Love People, Laffy the Wonder Dog, and  one other whose name escapes me right now. I was not able to download the videos, but they did a great job. The latter ones are available as Adventures in Odyssey so you can listen to them at Focus on the Family probably. AND, if you have never listened to radio dramas, especially Fibber McGee and Molly, you can go to old time radio sites to listen to them but be prepared to laught out loud! They are hilarious.

Farmer Girl as the mom in The Very Grammatical Family. Doesn't she look "mom-ish?"

Behind the scenes with the very stressed and busy sound effects staff.

See, I told you they were stressed!

Phineas and The Scribbler wailing and shaking their shoes, pretending for the camera to be overwhelmed.

Several of the cast members at the end with their drama teacher who is an encouragement and blessing to many.
This day ended around 10 as we had small breaks for a finger food type dinner potluck and then for desert. It was an enjoyable evening, but also the beginning of a very busy two weeks coming up. More later as the busy-ness intensifies :)
Love Ellie~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment