Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Unfinished Projects for Summer

Last summer, I had two goals. Do you remember them? I accomplished neither although I nearly finished the Pioneer Woman Cookbook and I read all of Jane Austen except I never finished Mansfield Park. However, I did enough of the cookbook to call it finished for me anyway. I still use it and have my favorite recipes that I use more frequently. It was great to try and get through it all and it is still my favorite cookbook!
This summer I have goals to finish unfinished projects. Primarily, there are three: paint, quilt and sew. For painting, I want to complete the trim and door painting inside the house on rainy, cool days and on hot days, paint the wellhouse to match the house. For quilting, I have many blocks that are waiting to be pieced together and quilted into tablerunners and wall hangings. For sewing, I have numerous aprons to complete for gifts as well as some miscellaneous things like purses and things for fun. I also want to spend some time scrapbooking. I would add the latter as an unfinished project to complete, but doing so in a summer would be nearly impossible so I will not overextend myself :) as I did last summer.
I also have multiple little projects to do too. Some all ready complete in the few short days since graduation and company departed. I completely reorganized my pantry and began the organizing of my recipes into a more cohesive system (something other than just thrown into a large basket!). I want to try all those recipes that have been cut out to try and added to the mess.  I also completed this evening two small corn cozies that have been in my unfinished project basket. They are so cute and handy!

Anyway, I just wanted to share my goals with  you all to keep me accountable. After all the hullabaloo of DC and then graduation, it feels good to have new projects to occupy my time and mind. I am looking forward to being productive. How about you? What are you doing this summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment