Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

Today, I thought I would write a tribute to my mom back East. Seemed a fitting thing to do on Mother's Day. My mom is a wonderful lady. I was the last of four daughters and came late in my mom's life. My sisters are 21, 17 and 13 years older than I. So, by all accounts, I was the baby as well as kind of like an only child. My sisters would probably tell you I was spoiled as all through my childhood I heard, "We would never have gotten away with THAT!" (they are all nodding their heads about now!) And, I would probably agree that I wasn't the easiest child to raise. My dad died when I was only 11 and my mom did a terrific job taking care of me as a single parent. She worked hard at home as well as outside the home. She taught me about diligence as she worked to support her family and gave me a good work ethic. She taught me about the importance of being honest and truthful. She showed, through her example, love for family and God. She taught me about perseverance when times got hard. And, she always loved me, even when I disappointed her or let her down. Her love for me and her entire family has always been unconditional. God has blessed me with a wonderful mom and I love her very much. Wish we weren't so far away! I pray I can instill in my girls all of these virtues as well. Love you, MOM~ Ellie
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment