I will "try" to limit myself to few words (The Chef says I am too wordy. What do you think? I think I am doing this for myself as much as others so we can look back and remember all the details. So, if you get caught up in all the words and just wish I would get to the point, please bear with me. :) but I digress......) Anyway, the first picture is of the back of the house where they placed the back porch pillars to support the upstairs. The girls thought those posts were so ugly and said, "Aren't we having something prettier???" It was quite muddy on Monday so the ground became more rutted and it took them awhile to get everything into place. There was the delivery of the entire second floor lumber package as well as a small problem with some measurements. Our wonderful designer, was able to re-figure it all and work it out without too much fuss or problem. 
This is the view from my kitchen of the dining room and the entryway into the vaulted living room. Our woodstove will probably be centered as you look into the room, but it will not be centered in the room as the ridge beam of the roof is to the left of the center.......That is OK as we think we prefer it being centered in our line of sight. Does that make sense?
This view is actually standing in the front entryway looking at my kitchen. Directly behind the kitchen will be the stairwell up to the girls' rooms but the room through the studs is the mudroom. You can also see the half bath on the right behind the kitchen wall too.
And this last one was taken at our customary spot. We decided we would try to take graduated pictures from this exact spot, showing the changes in view of this. See all the horrible muddy ruts??? It is drying up, but we continue to be plagued with rain, wind and blustery weather. Doesn't feel like May at all. You can see our bulbs have passed their peak. Any ideas on what to plant around this old stump? I am not much of a gardener or landscaper so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Anyhoo, that is it for now. Tomorrow, I should be able to stand in my first floor and not get wet (except for in the livingroom as they won't roof that until they do second story walls). That will be fun! We're off to look at tubs, showers etc. tomorrow. Good night, Ellie~ PS Changed my wallpaper on the blog to reflect one of my favorite early summer foods-Cherries!
Nice thing about a blog...you can use as few or as many words AS YOU WANT! I'm so excited for your progress! We got so sick of making decisions by the end of our build, I hope you don't get that way! Happy shopping!
ReplyDelete