Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Ridge Beam!

Hammering away all day and they placed the south front wall and the east side wall(which you can see in the picture below). The rain held out all day. Yeah! Just about the time we had to leave, they began to lift this very long ridge beam, the main support for the house. Very exciting to watch and a bit dangerous too. Our framer was very excited and thought it all pretty cool too. I don't know how it would have gotten up there without that machine.........It seemed a very difficult thing to do as it had to fit in the spaces very precisely. He set it down so gentle with some instruction from one other fella and one who was using a strap to guide it a bit. It's beginning to look like a house!















We left as soon as he got it placed, but I returned only after about 30 minutes. See the difference in the weather???? it is very change-able around here.

In this picture you can see the beam rests just above the windows in Farmer Girls room.
Below is the view that greeted me when I arrived home from the front. You can see The Scribblers windows in her dormer now too. She gets two of those and the bathroom gets two of 'em.
This is the view from the back as I walked back from checking on the chickens (they are so cute, learning how to roost and nesting in the shavings). Doesn't it look like a house???? Can you tell I'm excited?? Good night to you all. Ellie~

No comments:

Post a Comment