The siding has been moving along with visible progress daily. In their zeal to get the back done, there were some complications in the back today. At first, I was bummed, but I tried to look for the silver lining: at least, since it happened on the back of the house, the same mistake would not be made on the front. Bob said it wouldn't happen anyway, but I asked him if I could keep my silver lining? :) What happened is this: They sided to the left of the door and then sided the right side of the door. When they went to place the piece over the door at the top, it didn't match up. Due to the ledger board for the porch, the siding at the bottom was different. If you look closely, there is a narrow strip at the bottom on the right, but just the wider on the left. Anyway, the big question, was how to marry them up together at the top so they matched better? It was a joint effort to figure out and I don't know who would get the credit. The Scribbler had the thought, Gutterdawg thought he saw it too and helped her get it out, but it was all clear to all of us when The Scribbler drew it out on the scrap of Hardie. :) It was quite a convuluted piece of board once Bob cut it up and it could have gone wrong in a number of ways. Due to careful measurements and cutting by Bob, it slipped into place and worked marvelously. Watch them as they work........
Thursday, August 6, 2009
The "I'm running out of fun titles" Post
The siding has been moving along with visible progress daily. In their zeal to get the back done, there were some complications in the back today. At first, I was bummed, but I tried to look for the silver lining: at least, since it happened on the back of the house, the same mistake would not be made on the front. Bob said it wouldn't happen anyway, but I asked him if I could keep my silver lining? :) What happened is this: They sided to the left of the door and then sided the right side of the door. When they went to place the piece over the door at the top, it didn't match up. Due to the ledger board for the porch, the siding at the bottom was different. If you look closely, there is a narrow strip at the bottom on the right, but just the wider on the left. Anyway, the big question, was how to marry them up together at the top so they matched better? It was a joint effort to figure out and I don't know who would get the credit. The Scribbler had the thought, Gutterdawg thought he saw it too and helped her get it out, but it was all clear to all of us when The Scribbler drew it out on the scrap of Hardie. :) It was quite a convuluted piece of board once Bob cut it up and it could have gone wrong in a number of ways. Due to careful measurements and cutting by Bob, it slipped into place and worked marvelously. Watch them as they work........
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment