On a lighter note (and a shorter one after that VERY long one), the appointment that The Scribbler had to attend was in fact a CLEP test that she has been preparing for all year. She has successfully completed the College Plus Prep program which entailed critical thinking skills, a logic course, a speed reading and memory course, and a worldview course. All of which culminates in the taking of two CLEP (College Level Examination Program) tests for college credit. Her first was Analyzing and Intepreting Literature so she has been immersed in British and American Literature as well as poetry. She spent over two weeks in intense preparation, taking practice tests and reading, reading, reading. Given the events of the days preceding and the day of her test, I am so pleasantly surprised and amazed at how she did. She never ceases to amaze me. I was ready to turn around and go home when given the news of Charlemagne. However, in the wisdom of her short seventeen years, she only wanted to persevere and, in her own words, "get it over with". She entered the test center with some trepidation, but was able to get checked in and started with relative ease. The test is a 80 question multiple choice test that must be completed in 90 minutes. I left her there and proceeded to wait, made to seem much longer given my state of mind. She was actually in there over two hours due to the recommended tutorial she did before starting. She came out with a smile on her face and a grin that said, "I passed". She had to receive a score of 50 out of a possible 80. Not only did she reach this but surpassed it and made a 77!!! (I can brag, can't I?) I am so very proud of her. It has not been an easy year with the building, the play Emma and the multitude of other things going on in our lives.
So, what does this mean? It means that she earned 6 college credits for only $92! She used the knowledge she all ready had to gain college credits and I think that is very cool. :) Next up is the English Composition with Essay..........must be done by June 30th.
Amen and Praise God!
Congratulations to Scribbler! That is awesome! Congratulations to her Mom too! You do an excellent job!
ReplyDelete