I was a bit giddy today. Too much sugar? Caffeine? I don't think so. I think the realization that I have a home with a kitchen in it that is big enough to actually enjoy cooking hit me. I think having The Scribbler's friends over, gathered around the island and enjoying friendships and food just made me happy. Feeling relaxed and not stressed to get something done, just felt nice. I got up early, walked the dog with a dear friend in the uncommon sunshine, and then baked Sour Cream Pancakes and French Breakfast Puffs for teenage guests, those same appreciative ones that devoured the Chocolate Sheet Cake. :) Kudos to the puffs, still unsure about the Sour Cream pancakes. We loaded up and enjoyed more of the sunshine at the beach. There I made a decision about a goal for my summer, now that it is actually beginning to feel like summer! Here it is: I am going to read ALL of the Jane Austen books beginning with Emma which I have previously started.
After some relaxing time there, we came home and I joyfully began making my Chicken Spaghetti and, you guessed it, it was another Pioneer Woman recipe. As I practically danced around the kitchen cutting, chopping, cleaning, sauteeing, and adding ingredients The Scribbler just laughed at me as she did her geometry at the island. It felt so good to not be worried, stressed, or cramped :) I made a decison as I chattered happily with The Scribbler. I decided that since I have a lovely, roomy kitchen and a cookbook that has delightful recipes in it, that I would make a second goal of....are you ready for this? Call me Julie if you like.........making and trying EVERY single recipe in the cookbook during the summer. She just laughed at me again, but I think it is a worthy goal and one that will be incredibly fun for me ANd for everyone that gets to enjoy the food.(With all the butter she uses, I just pray we don't gain poundage in our effort to try all the recipes.-perhaps I should add exercising EVERY day!) The Scribbler just asks that I have a plan so we don't get to the end and have only deserts left! Tomorrow.....I am making......I don't know....but for the band concert I am making Mocha Brownies. Num Yummy as one of my friends would say.
One Cookbook, two worthy goals, three months, four family members, five culinary divisions and six novels. I will keep you posted.
Love,Ellie~
Good goals! Can't wait to hear about it!
ReplyDeleteHey, Julie! Well, I went to Costco today, bought 3 of those Pioneer Cookbooks. (One for the kitchen shelf, and two for the older girls in our family, one of whom fell in love with the book at your house). SO, when you finish trying all those recipes out, we plan to bring our cookbooks to you for a signing!! Maybe you caould even add some smudgey foodprints to some favorite recipes. That is the mark of a good cookbook at my house! So far, I can't seem to get to the cooking part; I keep getting distracted by the southwestern photography and the writing. The author is a kick!! But I'm sure some of those yummy recipes will find their way to our table.
ReplyDeleteBlessings!
Alli thought the pancakes were yummy!!! How much butter is in that??? :)))
ReplyDelete