We had such fun playing volleyball. I haven't really played since my high school days of which I have NO fond memories. I have never been very athletic and only remember the ridicule and the resulting unease I felt in every athletic endeavor. High School is not for the faint of heart. I still don't play so well, but I could serve and get it over the net, something I couldn't seem to do in high school. Other than that I only screamed and missed the ball every time it came over the net at me. At least now, my self esteem is a little more secure. We played parents against the teens. We were sorely mismatched in the first game losing 15 to 7 or something like that. HOWEVER, we beat them in the next few matches. Granted they had the handicap of facing the sun and they changed the rules too. Did you know that you can score even when you don't serve? I asked The Scribbler when they changed the rules and she replied, " Since last YOU played." :)) LOL My arm was so sore. We moved onto basketball where I failed miserably, but it was all in fun. We only had one decent player-a dad, but a young one unlike most of us. I gave up and quietly exited the court without much notice. I think they all breathed a sigh of relief!
Anyway, after smores and some campfire, we left and returned early the next AM. Many families began arriving soon after ten where we played further games of above, plus kickball, hurdles........
Enjoy the pictures.
Love Ellie~
I think that was only 1 of 2 nice days we were there!!! Now it's in the high 80's here and we are dying HOT!
ReplyDelete