Monday, June 14, 2010

Foundation For His Ministry

The Scribbler and I are going on a mission trip in a few short weeks. We have been planning this for many months, setting money aside and praying for God's blessing on our endeavors. Through many generous contributions from friends and family, we have been able to pay for our plane tickets and passports. Our goals since March have been to raise enough or set aside enough to take care of the additional expenses that are due in a few short weeks. With all that has been going on in our lives, our focus has not always been on this, but more along the lines that we will think about packing and preparing when we get past all this busy-ness with Emma, the house, the animals, homeschooling, life........However, we don't seem to be getting past all that life is throwing at us. We seem bogged down in the small things and our focus is not where it should be, where it needs to be. We were warned that Satan would throw things at us to distract us from our mission and that is so true. There have been additional expenses with the house and unexpected expenses with the animals and the cars. So many that I have questioned the wisdom of going on a mission trip at this time just as I was warned. Although my goal had been to work, setting aside all that I made this year, it has always been necessary to use it on something else.
I am just resting in God's grace that He will provide if this His will for us at this time in our lives.
We are ramping up for departure and I would just ask for your prayers in this endeavor. To serve God in the mission field pleases God, but also gets Satan's attention! I would just ask that you pray for the armor of God to protect each and every team member and we would covet abundant prayers for all of us. Thank you so much.

Ellie and The Scribbler~

1 comment: