Monday, June 8, 2009

Board Face?

Or is that a bored face hiding behind that board? The Scribbler loves nothing more than spending her weekend cleaning up the building site. Picking up boards to burn or recycle are a favorite activity, can't you tell? She always, well almost always, does it with an obedient and cheerful heart though.
It usually requires at least one day to get everything all swept up, cleared of nails and boards. After our days of playing, this was necessary. There seemed to be more lumber and smaller pieces to sort than usual, but that will be coming to an end soon.

Our framer worked the weekend, working on interior walls upstairs as well as our entryway. He still has some work on both those projects as well as some finishing work, but a large majority of the framing is done. Roofing framers completed the sheathing of the roof as well as the fascia that we painted last weekend. We are trying to make the transition to plumbing, looking at catalogs and meeting with plumbing consultants to assist The Chef. It's really beginning to look like a house, but still so many decisions to be made. Below are some views from three sides. Enjoy

The Front-see all those busy workers!? I like where the stump with rocks and flowers sets in relation to the house. I planted some snapdragons there as well as some other generously donated starts from a friend who actually knows how to garden! Since I am NOT a gardener I can't remember what they are! Hope I don't kill them........

The end and the east side. Most of that lumber on the ground will be returned to the lumberyard. Yeah, I love returns and getting money BACK!!! :)

And, last but not least the back view. Should look familiar if you have been following along, but now it is completely covered! If you look closely, you should see Farmer Girl perched in a window. Shouldn't she be out front working? Aha, caught in the act! Hmmmmm..............

3 comments:

  1. Look great! Good Job! Isn't it exciting to see it take shape! It's so messy though...I remember. Just wait until the sheet rock goes in...that's REALLY messy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how fast the house is coming!!! Looks great! How wonderful to finally be in your new house soon!!! Well,,,somewhat soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori,
    I haven't been on for a while...but wow! things are moving fast. Thanks so much for sharing! It looks great. What a blessing.

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete