Things in the building department have been a bit slow around here as you might have imagined from the lack of posts. However, today things were hopping. Early this morning, the much anticipated windows and doors arrived. BIG SMILE. I was so excited to see them and get them added to our house. There was a rather large crew here for a change, I think 4 plus our framer. They worked rather quickly and the windows were right on. There was a possible problem with the doors that was resolved with some measuring, some critical thinking and some quick moving around. Above is the first window, the "mulled' living room window. The center is a picture window so doesn't open, but the "single hungs" on each side do. The "transoms" are just decorative to match the doors. These guys got them in quick and fast using some cool lifing tools (see those red things in their hands? I think they are magnetic or something. Actually, I am told they are "suction" cups). Below is the front view. They were hanging the front entry doors (I'll leave you "hanging" about what they look like until tomorrow when I will also share an interesting story about my entry).
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Windows!
Things in the building department have been a bit slow around here as you might have imagined from the lack of posts. However, today things were hopping. Early this morning, the much anticipated windows and doors arrived. BIG SMILE. I was so excited to see them and get them added to our house. There was a rather large crew here for a change, I think 4 plus our framer. They worked rather quickly and the windows were right on. There was a possible problem with the doors that was resolved with some measuring, some critical thinking and some quick moving around. Above is the first window, the "mulled' living room window. The center is a picture window so doesn't open, but the "single hungs" on each side do. The "transoms" are just decorative to match the doors. These guys got them in quick and fast using some cool lifing tools (see those red things in their hands? I think they are magnetic or something. Actually, I am told they are "suction" cups). Below is the front view. They were hanging the front entry doors (I'll leave you "hanging" about what they look like until tomorrow when I will also share an interesting story about my entry).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That looks so great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wish I could come see it in person :(
ReplyDeleteWindows makes it really look like it's coming along fast! How exciting!