
This past weekend, we hosted our second annual mother daughter campout of our AWANA Trek girls with siblings and moms. It was a wonderful time of fellowship, feasting and fun. There were about 10 moms and over 20 girls who came for the evening or to spend the night. Tents dotted our 5 acres as well as a HUGE RV where 4 moms retired to after midnight. Is that REALLY camping? I don't know but they really enjoyed it :) Our littler girls even chose to sleep in the Master Bedroom of our house. I'm jealous they did it first :) The menu included baked potatoes and salad, both with all the toppings, and smores at the fireside. Games played included Capture the Flag, always a favorite. The weather cooperated too. The sky was beautifully clear, revealing the heavenly realm. Morning dawned bright and early with breakfast served at 745-eggs scrambled with meat and veggies, wrapped in tortillas, and fruit. YUM. It sure was a blessing to be together and I'm glad we have started this tradition.
No comments:
Post a Comment