The Scribbler had a busy week with her birthday celebrations and schoolwork so her painting party was less planned. She called some friends on Saturday morning. Two wonderful sisters and friends rushed to her aid and made quick work of her bedroom in about three hours. (okay they weren't done in three hours, but these girls were pros and got a lot accomplished with little assistance from me :)) The Scribbler chose three colors: Traditional (a brown), Waterscape and Boston Fern. We had purchased the cheaper Benjamin Moore Regal and it covered the gray primer like a charm.

Here are two of them working on the sloped wall with the Boston Fern. It was a bit dark in there as she doesn't get as much natural light and her skylight was still covered. It was also a bit of a dreary day outside. The Boston Fern does not look so nice next to the gray primer, but later covered with the Waterscape, it was and is very pretty.

Contemplating their next move.

Being silly. She almost got her with that roller while she had her head in the clouds, I mean closet! The Scribbler does not like to climb on ladders although she is getting braver all the time.
They didn't get to the traditional brown and we still haven't as of today. The Scribbler is hoping to tape it off today. The two colors worked wonderfully with just one coat and touch ups. They also look great together. She also has a beautiful comforter and many pillows that will match as soon as she gets a bed......
Our painting saga continues......
Scribbler~ Happy (late:) Birthday!!!!
ReplyDeleteI miss you:( It looks like you guys are having fun painting! I'm thinking about repainting my room, I'm not sure when or what colors, but I think I'm going to do thick horizontal stripes.
You should see my blog if you haven't yet!
Love you! Alli