No pictures to share in this post. I did something very mundane and "normal" today. It was so nice because it gave me a sense of accomplishment-a job completed from start to finish with sparkling and noticeable results. I enjoyed it and relished in the normalcy of it. It was so calming and so soothing. I simply cleaned out my fridge. Living life in a constant state of "gotta get it done and yesterday", I wake up feeling behind every morning. Nothing ever feels completed. However, today the fridge is clean, something it hasn't been in a loooooong time-just ask my family! I played Christmas music, singing along, out of tune at the top of my lungs, watched the poor dog bang around the room with his "Elizabethan collar on (he is recovering from getting "fixed" or "broken" as Farmer Girl says), and wiped it down from top to bottom. I am praying I can focus on this small accomplishment and not feel the weight of having not accomplished anything in preparation for Christmas (ie no gifts, no cards, no shopping etc) or the never diminishing list of things to do for the house. Now I am going to make my favorite ham and cheesy chowder and then go paint a wall or ceiling. I am envisioning eating my soup in front of a roaring fire in the woodstove this evening, surrounded by my hubby and my girls, wore out from a day of shopping in town.
Ellie~
Hi Lori,
ReplyDeleteWe are at mom's tonight, (for the day before Christmas Eve, Eve,and I am trying to show her how to do this.
I just wanted to let you know I read your blogg everday at work, on break of course. I have it on my desk top, but I can't answer it from there.
IT SURE IS NICE TO FINALLY ACCOMPLISH SOMETHING, NO MATTER HOW SMALL. HOPE YOU HAVE TIME TO SET IN FRONT OF THE FIRE AND HAVE A CUP OF TEA. LOVE MOM.
ReplyDelete