Big happenings this last week. Not only did we start painting with the spraying on of our primer, have painting parties and lose our port-a-potty but our Lopi Woodstove arrived early Saturday morning for installation FINALLY. You can see Bob's tile handiwork completed last week in preparation for the stove. They had to cut a small rectangular hole in it for the vent and nothing broke or cracked as he feared it might.

It withstood the weight of the stove too :) After installation, we didn't get to burn in it as we didn't know we needed an inspection by the county (that should happen this morning) THEN we have to start with 6 small burns to "cure" it. In the meantime, it is still toasty warm inside the house since the drywallers left their furnace until our painting is done and everything is dry. (another benefit of knowing your contractor and being fellow homeschoolers!)

I didn't get a close up of it before we taped it all up so we could paint this room. I am sure I will have many opportunities in the days and years to come!
Lots to catch up on, but I think I am done until this evening. Check back in soon for a surprise!
Love, Ellie~
I bet Jamie is jealous...lol!
ReplyDelete