Saturday, December 5, 2009
Rock Pillars
It's been quite awhile since I have shown the outside of the house. I actually wanted it finished before I showed it again. Well, I just couldn't wait to show you our native (they came from our own 5 acres) rock pillars on our front porch. A homeschooling dad who is a local renowned mason did the job for us. He came highly recommended, but he was hard to get as he is a busy man even in this slowed economy. That's him in the dark coat with his back to us. To the left is his eldest son and the only one of 3 sons, maybe 4, who is able and interested in the trade of masonry. The other man is a builder who is apprenticing the trade. They came on Monday and finished on Wednesday. We had to decide whether to use manufactured (fake) rock or natural rock. There was no difference in price which always plays into our final decision process. The manufactured rock is expensive, but labor is less intensive and easier. However, the use of natural rock, although cheap since rocks are free, makes the labor time consuming and difficult. Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures until Tuesday morning and then again Wednesday when done. Enjoy the pictures with the final view at end. Let me know what you think. We are very happy and pleased with them.....just need to get those doorknobs and lights installed......




Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Gorgeous! I love rocks! Which did you go with, real or fake? Looks great! You must be getting so excited!
ReplyDelete